Bienvenidos to my Blog!

Hello Family, Friends, and Curious Readers,

Thanks for stopping in to see what I am up to. This is my first blog, and I hope not to bore you too much with the details of my life. But rather hope to offer you some insights into development work, the highs, the lows, and well the boring.

But before I move away for 27 months, let me give you a little information about myself before I lose a steady internet connection.

So after graduating from Boston College in 2005, I decided I wanted to learn Spanish and "save the world" so I moved to Cusco, Peru. I began by volunteering for The Center for Traditional Textiles of Cusco by researching and writing a small business plan for the organization. I continued to work with the organization until February of 2008, when I returned to the US to prepare for my move to Madrid, Spain for 15 months to study an International MBA at IE Business School. And now, after a year of searching for the perfect development job, and taking odd jobs in the meantime, I have joined the Peace Corps and am volunteering again. So wish me luck, and PLEASE someone stop me from volunteering again!

Friday, June 15, 2012

The Teacher Training that FINALLY Happened!


I had been working with the MINED office for the past three months to put together a training for my fellow OTV (the class that I help teach) teachers, and we had it all set for last month’s teacher workshop (TEPCE) where all the teachers in a municipality come together to either plan classes, or receive some sort of workshop in their teaching specialty. I was going to give the workshop for OTV, but a few days before, I received a phone call saying that ALL of the teachers were going to be receiving a different workshop and that we would have to put off mine once again. (yes this had happened before) We immediately chose a new date, and I am happy to report… it was a success. 

In fact, it was better that we put it off because we were able to have 30!!!! teachers attend the workshop instead of the normal 12 that show up to our group to plan! I had two of the Emprendedurismo teachers who have a few years teaching the course help me with the workshop and I was able to learn from their teaching experience and they were able to learn some tricks of mine. Even a teacher who had taught the class for 6 years was able to learn something new! We covered one of the more difficult topics: Market Study and were able to show the teachers how to teach the material while providing them with suggestions on how to make their classes more dynamic and interesting. We had lots of great feedback and I hope we will be able to do a few more in the somewhat near future! It was a great day over all!

Here are some pictures!
Fellow OTV Teacher Bismark helping with the session

Teachers presenting group work

More presensations

Not the best picture of me, but it is an action picture :)

Particpants 

My Counterpart Lidia explaining how to analyze a Market Study

Group Work 1

Group Work 2

Make good choices!

No comments:

Post a Comment