Bienvenidos to my Blog!

Hello Family, Friends, and Curious Readers,

Thanks for stopping in to see what I am up to. This is my first blog, and I hope not to bore you too much with the details of my life. But rather hope to offer you some insights into development work, the highs, the lows, and well the boring.

But before I move away for 27 months, let me give you a little information about myself before I lose a steady internet connection.

So after graduating from Boston College in 2005, I decided I wanted to learn Spanish and "save the world" so I moved to Cusco, Peru. I began by volunteering for The Center for Traditional Textiles of Cusco by researching and writing a small business plan for the organization. I continued to work with the organization until February of 2008, when I returned to the US to prepare for my move to Madrid, Spain for 15 months to study an International MBA at IE Business School. And now, after a year of searching for the perfect development job, and taking odd jobs in the meantime, I have joined the Peace Corps and am volunteering again. So wish me luck, and PLEASE someone stop me from volunteering again!

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Crema de Chocolate con Mani #2

The second place group is called "Delicias" Crema de Chocolate con Mani.

For those of you that don't speak spanish, thats Chocolate Cream with Peanuts. And lordy does it taste awesome. Think the Nicaragua equivalent to Nutella... but with peanuts. These girls actually stumbled upon this product when their prototype wouldn't harden to make a chocolate bar. So I suggested just changing the name and calling it a cream. Dang its good. Very sweet but awesome! Plus they have access to some of the best cacao in the world here, as it is grown in our region of Matagalpa. Seriously how lucky am I? I live in a place where cacao and coffee are grown!

Here are some pictures of the girls from their school competition!
Their display of basic ingredients peanuts and cacao, and their product in 5oz. cups.

Their logo and slogan

The girls during their presentation at the local level.
These girls will also be attending the Regional Competition with me, so please feel free to donate via Paypal!!!

2 comments:

  1. Was checking out recipes online and saw several for Bread Pudding made with Nutella, bet it would be great with Crema de Chocolate con Mani!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! on your hard work and success of the event over the weekend. You are a freaking rock star. As I was shouting at the runners today, "You are a champion! I'm so proud of you! Keep it up! Yay for running (Peace Corp-ing!)"

    Keep being awesome. Tell your students that too. Make good choices and say hi to the Mister for me. Love you lots! LBro

    ReplyDelete