Bienvenidos to my Blog!

Hello Family, Friends, and Curious Readers,

Thanks for stopping in to see what I am up to. This is my first blog, and I hope not to bore you too much with the details of my life. But rather hope to offer you some insights into development work, the highs, the lows, and well the boring.

But before I move away for 27 months, let me give you a little information about myself before I lose a steady internet connection.

So after graduating from Boston College in 2005, I decided I wanted to learn Spanish and "save the world" so I moved to Cusco, Peru. I began by volunteering for The Center for Traditional Textiles of Cusco by researching and writing a small business plan for the organization. I continued to work with the organization until February of 2008, when I returned to the US to prepare for my move to Madrid, Spain for 15 months to study an International MBA at IE Business School. And now, after a year of searching for the perfect development job, and taking odd jobs in the meantime, I have joined the Peace Corps and am volunteering again. So wish me luck, and PLEASE someone stop me from volunteering again!

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Thanksgiving Pictures

So here are those pictures I promised! Sorry it took me longer than I thought... I ran out of space on the blog and had to buy more!!!
Dinner Table at the Ambassador's house!

Yessica and Carlos enjoying their meal

US Seal on the coffee cup!

Me, the Ambassador, Yessica, and Carlos

Me and the US Ambassador to Nicaragua Phyllis Powers. She was so nice!



1 comment:

  1. That is the longest Thanksgiving table I have ever seen! What a great experience to have Thanksgiving dinner at the U.S. Ambassador's home in Nicaragua. I'm sure it is a story you will tell your children someday. Plus you look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete