Bienvenidos to my Blog!

Hello Family, Friends, and Curious Readers,

Thanks for stopping in to see what I am up to. This is my first blog, and I hope not to bore you too much with the details of my life. But rather hope to offer you some insights into development work, the highs, the lows, and well the boring.

But before I move away for 27 months, let me give you a little information about myself before I lose a steady internet connection.

So after graduating from Boston College in 2005, I decided I wanted to learn Spanish and "save the world" so I moved to Cusco, Peru. I began by volunteering for The Center for Traditional Textiles of Cusco by researching and writing a small business plan for the organization. I continued to work with the organization until February of 2008, when I returned to the US to prepare for my move to Madrid, Spain for 15 months to study an International MBA at IE Business School. And now, after a year of searching for the perfect development job, and taking odd jobs in the meantime, I have joined the Peace Corps and am volunteering again. So wish me luck, and PLEASE someone stop me from volunteering again!

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Happy New Year 2013!!!!

Happy new year 2013!!! 2012 was full of fun, challenges, accomplishments, family, love, and many many more things to be thankful for! I know the 2013 will be full of many more milestones... including turning 30! figuring out what to do with the rest of my life, and enjoying being alive! Not too bad I think.

So a quick update about my holiday! I spent Christmas here in Nicaragua, spending the 24th (Noche Buena) with my boyfriend's family at his house. Christmas day, I went with him and his brothers to a waterfall close to Matagalpa and we had a picnic lunch, went hiking, and of course swimming in the waterfall pool! It was strange swimming outside in a natural pool of water on December 25th but then again that's one of the great things about living in a tropical country! I wish I could figure out how to get the pictures I have off of my phone (as my camera died, and I had not gotten my new toy yet!)

On the 27th I headed back to Nashville for a 9 day visit with my family, and boy was it a necessary one. It was great to see my whole immediate family complete with dogs Byron and Tiddles, and just get to hang out and be at home for a few days. I am currently trying to decide what I want to do this year, finish my time in the Peace Corps and look for a job (who knows where), extend a few months to finish out the school year and specific projects I am working on and then look for a job or...??? So many options and yet nothing is for certain!

Who knows where this year will take me, but I do hope that it is filled with happiness and opportunities!
Keep making good choices! Will update again soon. That's a promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment