Bienvenidos to my Blog!

Hello Family, Friends, and Curious Readers,

Thanks for stopping in to see what I am up to. This is my first blog, and I hope not to bore you too much with the details of my life. But rather hope to offer you some insights into development work, the highs, the lows, and well the boring.

But before I move away for 27 months, let me give you a little information about myself before I lose a steady internet connection.

So after graduating from Boston College in 2005, I decided I wanted to learn Spanish and "save the world" so I moved to Cusco, Peru. I began by volunteering for The Center for Traditional Textiles of Cusco by researching and writing a small business plan for the organization. I continued to work with the organization until February of 2008, when I returned to the US to prepare for my move to Madrid, Spain for 15 months to study an International MBA at IE Business School. And now, after a year of searching for the perfect development job, and taking odd jobs in the meantime, I have joined the Peace Corps and am volunteering again. So wish me luck, and PLEASE someone stop me from volunteering again!

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

My First Official Visitor and 6 Months in Country

This past weekend I had a visit from a friend of mine from my MBA program. My friend Adam! He is currently travelling the world volunteering along the way after he quit his corporate job. He has a website where you can track his adventures www.happinessplunge.com

We were able to go hiking up to the Mirador (lookout) over Matagalpa, have coffee, eat at several different restaurants, and catch up on life since we haven't seen each other since IE in December of 2009. Here are some pictures from the weekend!

Me and Adam at my favorite coffee shop!

Sunset from the top of Mana de Cielo Hotel

Adam on the roof of his hotel with one of the many churches in the background.

Same view with me this time

 Last bit of the sunset!
Also, I celebrated my first 6 months of being in Nicaragua last week! I can't believe it has already been six months, and yet the first two weeks felt like 2 years. I am glad the time is going by quickly. But things are quickly slowing down for me as the school year is wrapping up. I will hopefully start work with an NGO that works with young women to form businesses over the "summer" break from school. Well that's it for me for the moment. Keep making good choices and know that I miss you all! Cheers!

4 comments:

  1. Hopefully Adam is the first visitor of many to come to Nicaragua. We can't wait to see you in January!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe it has been six months. Love reading your blog. Aunt elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was finally able to post a comment all by myself!!!! I feel so grown up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And what a visit it was. Muchas gracias por todo, Vieve! My post about Matagalpa will go live tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete