Bienvenidos to my Blog!

Hello Family, Friends, and Curious Readers,

Thanks for stopping in to see what I am up to. This is my first blog, and I hope not to bore you too much with the details of my life. But rather hope to offer you some insights into development work, the highs, the lows, and well the boring.

But before I move away for 27 months, let me give you a little information about myself before I lose a steady internet connection.

So after graduating from Boston College in 2005, I decided I wanted to learn Spanish and "save the world" so I moved to Cusco, Peru. I began by volunteering for The Center for Traditional Textiles of Cusco by researching and writing a small business plan for the organization. I continued to work with the organization until February of 2008, when I returned to the US to prepare for my move to Madrid, Spain for 15 months to study an International MBA at IE Business School. And now, after a year of searching for the perfect development job, and taking odd jobs in the meantime, I have joined the Peace Corps and am volunteering again. So wish me luck, and PLEASE someone stop me from volunteering again!

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Best Nicaraguan Christmas Concert EVER!



So Sunday night my home stay mother invited me to attend a Christmas concert with her and some of the grandkids at her church. It was one of the best experiences ever. It was like a laser light show combined with a video show, with live music and different groups from different churches. I even have some pictures that I took. Oh and yes they do sing the Feliz Navidad song, even with the parts in English! The Duke Church Choir would have fit right in!

As for the rest of my time, I have been trying to get into the Christmas Spirit but its hard when its still warm out. But in the end, I still have a lot of work to do before my family gets here in January for a visit, so it will all go by very quickly I assume.  Enjoy the pictures!


Dancers at the Christmas concert.... Christmas Salsa Dancing anyone? Loved it


The Show Espectacular! Who knew putting on shows was an international kid activity?

Merry Christmas Peace Corps Ornament!

Elena putting on a show! It was missing Dinky the flying bear though!

1 comment:

  1. Feliz Navidad! Enjoy the Christmas festivities at your new home. Everyone here says hello and wishes you a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!

    ReplyDelete