Bienvenidos to my Blog!

Hello Family, Friends, and Curious Readers,

Thanks for stopping in to see what I am up to. This is my first blog, and I hope not to bore you too much with the details of my life. But rather hope to offer you some insights into development work, the highs, the lows, and well the boring.

But before I move away for 27 months, let me give you a little information about myself before I lose a steady internet connection.

So after graduating from Boston College in 2005, I decided I wanted to learn Spanish and "save the world" so I moved to Cusco, Peru. I began by volunteering for The Center for Traditional Textiles of Cusco by researching and writing a small business plan for the organization. I continued to work with the organization until February of 2008, when I returned to the US to prepare for my move to Madrid, Spain for 15 months to study an International MBA at IE Business School. And now, after a year of searching for the perfect development job, and taking odd jobs in the meantime, I have joined the Peace Corps and am volunteering again. So wish me luck, and PLEASE someone stop me from volunteering again!

Saturday, December 10, 2011

More Pictures as Promised!

Rice Fields on the way to Leon from Matagalpa

One of the many volcanos near Leon

A cake to celebrate our first 7 months in country and the fact that none of us have left yet haha!

Great Peace Corps Nicaragua Staff participating in a diversity workshop!

Volunteer Harry in action!

At the movies!

Noelle fell asleep on her cotton candy

Celebrating  my boss's 14th year as a Peace Corps Associate Director! Go Small Business!

Michaela and Trinity on the fake horse in the Leon main square! A dream come true!

Me in front of the Cathedral in Leon

The Cathedral

My camera takes great picts of fireworks!

Celebrating La Purisima

Waiting in line for 2 hours to get free stuff with my homegirl Yessica

People giving out free stuff

This little boy gave me rice!

Trick or Treating Nicaragua style!

More Trick or Treating!  

2 comments:

  1. Girl,
    You are wasting away to nothing! You look awesome!
    Can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fireworks, free stuff, and fun, what a great holiday. And sleeping on cotton candy, now that's what I call "sweet dreams!

    ReplyDelete