Bienvenidos to my Blog!

Hello Family, Friends, and Curious Readers,

Thanks for stopping in to see what I am up to. This is my first blog, and I hope not to bore you too much with the details of my life. But rather hope to offer you some insights into development work, the highs, the lows, and well the boring.

But before I move away for 27 months, let me give you a little information about myself before I lose a steady internet connection.

So after graduating from Boston College in 2005, I decided I wanted to learn Spanish and "save the world" so I moved to Cusco, Peru. I began by volunteering for The Center for Traditional Textiles of Cusco by researching and writing a small business plan for the organization. I continued to work with the organization until February of 2008, when I returned to the US to prepare for my move to Madrid, Spain for 15 months to study an International MBA at IE Business School. And now, after a year of searching for the perfect development job, and taking odd jobs in the meantime, I have joined the Peace Corps and am volunteering again. So wish me luck, and PLEASE someone stop me from volunteering again!

Monday, January 16, 2012

Vacation with the Family Part 2

From Matagalpa we headed south to Granada (and with lots of luck we were only stopped twice by the police and both were routine traffic stops!) We only spent one night in Granada, as we wanted to get to the beach the next day, but we had a great time while we were there. We took a horse drawn carriage tour of Granada and then had dinner on one of the major pedestrian streets right off the central park. (too many people and vendors for my taste though). I admit, I had been to Granada once before and we walked everywhere. I think the carriage ride was the much better way to go. Here are some pictures from that part of the adventure:

A view from the front seat of the carriage!

Lake Nicaragua

Jonathan and I sporting our BC gear with pride!

All of us on the carriage, although you can´t see us too well!

Bud relaxing at the hotel Nica style!

Granada´s beautiful colonial architecture

Well I had planned on continuing the post with the rest of our journey to San Juan de Sur, but you will just have to wait as it is taking too long to upload the pictures and I am out of time at the cyber cafe.

Keep making good choices and stay alert for the next post with beach pictures!!!! Love you all!

2 comments:

  1. So glad to see that you are having a great vacation with your family. From all the photos and comments, seems you are seeing and enjoying all the sites your mom mentioned. Hope you are continuing to have a wonderful trip with your family. Enjoy the time together and I'll await seeing the photos from the beach and house you're staying at.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Made it safely back home. Had a wonderful time in Nicaragua. Thanks for all your assistance in planning the trip, translating, introducing us to your wonderful home stay family, and letting us see a little of your world. I know that real life, for you, is a lot more simple and less extravagant but it was fun to be able to share a few of the nicer things available in Nicaragua, besides we were on vacation so why not splurge just a little!

    ReplyDelete