Bienvenidos to my Blog!

Hello Family, Friends, and Curious Readers,

Thanks for stopping in to see what I am up to. This is my first blog, and I hope not to bore you too much with the details of my life. But rather hope to offer you some insights into development work, the highs, the lows, and well the boring.

But before I move away for 27 months, let me give you a little information about myself before I lose a steady internet connection.

So after graduating from Boston College in 2005, I decided I wanted to learn Spanish and "save the world" so I moved to Cusco, Peru. I began by volunteering for The Center for Traditional Textiles of Cusco by researching and writing a small business plan for the organization. I continued to work with the organization until February of 2008, when I returned to the US to prepare for my move to Madrid, Spain for 15 months to study an International MBA at IE Business School. And now, after a year of searching for the perfect development job, and taking odd jobs in the meantime, I have joined the Peace Corps and am volunteering again. So wish me luck, and PLEASE someone stop me from volunteering again!

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

A Taste of America... Chinese Food

I think it's a little sad how I excited I was to make lunch today. I mean, it was a spice packet mix from the USA that my friend Nick had brought down with him. It was amazing how good it tasted... General Tso's Chicken... a little spicy, a little sweet, and with brown rice it rocked my world.





This lunch on top of the great morning I had in San Ramon working with Taza Llena, a little cafe associated with the NGO Sembrando Esperanza, I will sleep well tonight feeling like I actually got something done.
I had a great meeting with Laura my friend who heads up operations at Taza Llena and we worked on a market study this morning, so we can design a marketing campaign. She has everything in place, she says, she just needs more people to come through the door. Story of every small business right?

Well keep making good choices, and I will work on updating the rest of my vacation in a blog later. Love you all!

2 comments:

  1. Yum, looks delicious!
    I think Taza Llena is in good hands. Just think of all the people you can introduce to this little cafe. Hope the food is good and the prices are reasonable. Sounds like the perfect fit for PCV's, an NGO with food options!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How About some pictures of Taza Llena and Laura for the blog next time. Pics of San Ramon too!

    Did you have chicken with your General Tso Chicken?

    ReplyDelete