Bienvenidos to my Blog!

Hello Family, Friends, and Curious Readers,

Thanks for stopping in to see what I am up to. This is my first blog, and I hope not to bore you too much with the details of my life. But rather hope to offer you some insights into development work, the highs, the lows, and well the boring.

But before I move away for 27 months, let me give you a little information about myself before I lose a steady internet connection.

So after graduating from Boston College in 2005, I decided I wanted to learn Spanish and "save the world" so I moved to Cusco, Peru. I began by volunteering for The Center for Traditional Textiles of Cusco by researching and writing a small business plan for the organization. I continued to work with the organization until February of 2008, when I returned to the US to prepare for my move to Madrid, Spain for 15 months to study an International MBA at IE Business School. And now, after a year of searching for the perfect development job, and taking odd jobs in the meantime, I have joined the Peace Corps and am volunteering again. So wish me luck, and PLEASE someone stop me from volunteering again!

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Long Awaited Pictures! Swearing In version

Our Swearing in Venue, can you tell it was America themed?

Me with Nidia (my Spanish teacher for the first three weeks, and Mama Cleo, the greatest homestay mom ever, even though she wasn't mine!)

I got to the cake to late to get a full picture, but you get the idea!

Me with my training homestay family

Right after swearing, and signing my 2 year contract!

Me and my adopted little sister Ruth!

No comments:

Post a Comment